I can't believe Christmas is in two days! I do have most of my shopping done and a lot of the wrapping, but not all, alas. This is what I got the girls:
youngest (7)
girl crush nail set
bag with stuffed dog that you can carry around (think Paris Hilton)
girl gourmet cupcake maker
2 necklaces
earring set (3 pairs)
DVD
cell phone unlimited minutes plan
DVD player (from Santa)
track suit
jeans/two shirts
oldest (9)
girl crush nail set
pixo super studio
nano arm band
2 necklaces
earring set (3 pair)
DVD
cell phone unlimited minutes
DVD player (from Santa)
jeans
4 shirts
Both Wii from Santa and stuff in their stocking (cell phone holder, pencils, candy)
I thought this was plenty. NG wanted to get them one more sorta big present so add to that for oldest a ipod karoke/cd player/radio/stero and youngest a learning laptop. Not to mention that they are getting the following from my dad and his wife:
youngest
2 DS games
spa factor aromatherapy
board game
oldest
digital camera
zillions ATM bank
2 DS games
and more than likely clothes from them too
My mom will also be sending them each like $100 and they are getting presents from NG's family which will total about 3 each.
Personally, I think I shouldn't have got them that many gifts myself because I was going to try and cut back this year because I think it is getting out of hand. I'm curious as to what others think - is what they are getting (just from me) normal?
4 comments:
I think the DVD player, in the same year as a cell phone, is borderline too much. If you don't space these things out, you will run into serious trouble in another 2 years when they have everything. Otherwise, I personally don't see a problem with it. I'm sure others would think otherwise.
Merry Christmas!
We all as kids (hopefully) had parents that wanted to give us everything under the sun for Christmas. But I've been finding that if you limit the giving to a select number of items, they tend to be appreciated all that much more. You don't have to go insanely cheap - you can get some big-ticket stuff - but if you dump a lot of gifts on them at once, it's like overload; a diabetic's sugar rush in toy form.
If you can manage, I'd personally save a big-ticket item and possibly some smaller ones for upcoming birthdays. Especially if trying to save money. We actually ended up getting about 4 things for the younger boy and 5 things for the two older ones. Me and my fiance wrote a list of what we'd like to get them this year and then deciphered out either bigger personalized items or other specific items to be reserved for birthdays. I'd have to agree that by limiting the number of items will help you out in the long run. If you don't give everything under the sun now, then you won't have to worry about fulfilling that expectation next year.
Sounds good to me! And you carefully equaled out the gifts like a good parent should. I think the others that commented didn't realise that DVD players are not that big a thing anymore, my son (who works at Target) said a nice player is going for 30 bucks this season, hell you pay more than that for a couple DVD's, and I imagine the phones were fairly inexpensive? Added on to a exsisting plan? I think you did good! Merry Christmas Cassee!
Post a Comment