Life is Short - Don't Waste It!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The girls seem to have had a really good time with their father this weekend. They also seem very relaxed which leads me to believe that perhaps he didn't spew any poison this weekend. When they have times like these, I feel good about facilitating their relationship with him.

I spent the weekend with new guy, henceforth known as NG. We had a great weekend together. I went out with my friend T Friday night and he wanted me to come to his place afterwards, which I did. About 20 minutes after I got there, T called. She had been pulled over by the cops and if I came and got her, they wouldnt' give her a DUI. She was really lucky. She came back to his house with me and stayed almost the whole time I was there asleep in the basement. He seemed to handle it pretty well considering he has never met her before. Later she apologized for intruding on "our" weekend and he said no problem and he never said anything bad about it to me either. I was impressed because it did irritate me a little. However, I think she just didn't want to be alone. I know I wouldn't have done the same, but I'm trying to be more "out of the box".

I'm also feeling kinda weird - not sure why. Just sorta anxious about this new relationship. Afraid of getting hurt, afraid of the whole thing. I just don't want to go through all the bs again. I keep thinking, yeah, he's great now but how will he feel 10 years from now. I'm just so confused. Maybe I'm really afraid about how I will feel 10 years from now.

3 comments:

Fusion said...

cassee,

I have it on good authority that 9 years from now the sun will explode and obliterate earth.

So just enjoy.

Seriously though, what is it with women always overthinking everything??? My ex girlfriend does this still, and has sabotaged every relationship she's had since 21, needless to say ours as well.

For you two, 10 years from now it may be even better than it is now ;)

sunshine said...

I look at it this way.... if I teach my children that it is okay to love each parent; I've won! They get to choose to love their parents or not. If HE screws it up, it isn't my fault..

-d

Uneasy Rider said...

"The person you marry bears no resemblance to the person you divorce."

If that don't turn you of on marrying again, nothing will!

Hey, thanks for dropping my my blog and dropping a line! I'll be perusing yours over the next few days, too. Beats what I'm supposed to be doing at work!