Life is Short - Don't Waste It!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Called yesterday to check on X's parole date. I had sent in the victime notification form, but I'm not taking any chances. They are still waiting on home confinement to provide his time served info, I guess they are taking their sweet time (YAY!!!). I told the lady that answered the phone, I hope they take as long as possible and she said, "So, I guess that means you don't want me to call and remind them.", and I said it would make my day and she laughed. Honestly, though, I am really kind of scared about what is going to happen when he gets out because I'm sure he is really pissed and we all know what happens then - teh crazy. She said I would get 45 days notice before his parole hearing date and my stuff is on file, which was another reason I called.

Things are going pretty well at casa de cassee (I hate saying that because that's just like asking for something bad to happen), but sometimes you just gotta stop being scared. I'm so tired of being scared of this that and the other. Of always worrying what people think - I really need to practice what I preach since I tell my daughter not to worry about other people all the time. Which, I try not to, but deep down I still do, even though I try to ignore it.

5 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Learning not to care what others think is a lifelong battle for me. I'll get it someday. :)

It sounds like you are on top of the x situation. I know you know what to do if he shows the crazy.

Good luck, and go with the good. Sometimes life is good, no matter what crap you've had to live through. :)

Brunhilda said...

P.S. Loving the new format! It give me a better picture of you in my head.

Fusion said...

Yes, nice new background (but hey, I just noticed my blog isn't in your blogroll!)

I hope they take all the time they want to with your X, my GF has an X like that too, with a restraining order that keeps him away now. But even after 3 years, she still worries about him showing up.

Crys said...

I think the thing that helped me work on not being scared was thinking of something positive every time I got scared that my ex was waiting outside for me, or on the other line of the ringing phone. It's one of those things that takes time and effort and more time and more patience then one ever dreams of having. And I TOO like the new format!

Don said...

I recommend you do something similar to what I did, if it's feasible. My order of protection versus my ex expired nine days ago. I've moved, she doesn't have my phone number, and her only address for me is a post office box. She knows where I work, but I work when she sleeps, and the place is covered with adequate video surveillance.

Though I have to admit, the idea of replacing the body armor someone stole from my car a year-and-a-half ago is sounding more and more appealing...