Life is Short - Don't Waste It!

Friday, February 6, 2009

They gave him a concurrent sentence. I was quite disappointed, but am pretty much over it now. The main point is that it is on record that he pleaded guilty to stalking me so if he engages in additional behaviour he will be called on it, not to mention that his parole will mandate that he has no contact with me. He is parole hearing is in March, so I gotta get busy on contacting them because that will hopefully keep him from getting parole for a while.

As I told that Judge, he's had numerous petitions filed against him by other girlfriends and his Mother, and I have no doubt that I will not be his last victim. Obviously, she didn't much care, which pisses me off. I mean you hear all this stuff about fighting domestic violence and then when they have the opportunity to do something... honestly though, I think it was because of the plea deal. If Judges stop honoring the agreements made by Prosecutor's, no one's going to take a deal because they won't be sure it will stick, I get that. But it still sucks.

Maybe he'll learn from this (doubt it).

My oldest finally got her "Big Sister", she is so excited. We met her Wed, they are supposed to go do something tonight. I'm really happy because I think this will be good for her because I know she misses my Aunt. I think this woman will be a better influence than my Aunt was for her. My youngest is bummed, but they are trying to get her one as fast as they can.

I am definitely dying my hair tonight - just looking at all this gray is bumming me out. It wouldn't be so bad, but the majority of it is in the front! If it was in the back, I wouldn't see it. LOL

5 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Fight the gray! I dye on a regular basis. There is no sense in looking older than you can.

The big sisters should be a really good thing for your girls.

I am learning the courts basically suck when it comes to victims of domestic violence. My litte sis is a domestic violence advocate in the court systems and she tells me some horror stories. Make sure you do contact the parole board and keep a record of everything (as you already know.)

Smirking Cat said...

Domestic violence and stalking are not taken nearly seriously enough. Isn't it evident that stalking is not something that rational, well-adjusted people do???

Fusion said...

Yep, gotta love the criminal court system... Hope he's kept in there for a while longer though.
And grey is a sign of distinction, don't you know?
Yeah yeah, sounds like bullshit to me too ;)

Don said...

Well, I'm sorry that his sentence couldn't have been more substantial, but yes, you do have him on record as pleading guilty.

And definitely dye the hair - that way the ex will have a tougher time spotting you in public, when he next sees freedom! Perhaps a nice strawberry blonde?

Crys said...

I agree with the others that Domestic Violence and Stalking are definitely not taken seriously enough. I've poured through so many legal documents trying to find a way to get an edge and nothing has really ever come into my favor. I guess keep bugging them and maybe they'll get an idea? (Maybe!)

And that's great to hear that your oldest got her "Big Sister" to do stuff with. I've been trying to find a reliable pen pal for my boys because I totally sold them on making new friends and writing letters to new people. Like I said, I'm just working on finding reliable people now. :)