Life is Short - Don't Waste It!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I miss that carefree girl I used to be, the one that's been taken over by ms. responsible. I know that as a Mother, I can't be that person anymore, but I miss her.

6 comments:

Brunhilda said...

No one says you can't take a Saturday afternoon sometime and cultivate that carefree girl. I'll bet your girls would love to hang out with her. You just have to remember when to put her away and get back to the business of everyday life and all the mundane responsiblity it requires.

Fusion said...

Ah, Brunhilda said it perfectly. And you can let her back out all the time once they're grown and out of the house :) I sure as hell did...

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain...no house to clean, bills to pay, kids to chase after...that was the life :)

compulsively yours...for now said...

You can be carefree, just not all the time, and a little advice.

If you are not carefree and wild a little bit you will reach a stage in life where you will try to compensate for your lack of fun in previous years and you might make a few stupid decisions that might haunt you for a long time. Not that I am haunted by any stupid decisions from the past.

It is called a midlife crises. I have had a few, I should only live until I am 40 since I had my first midlife at 20.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I used to be fun!!! LOL. Four kids, two stepkids, a mortgage, hours cut at husband's work, credit card debt...who can be fun under all the strain, lol?

clevergirl17 said...

Okay, so I'm technically a "Step" mom-but I absolutely hear what you're saying. When you have kids (or in my case, step kids) their lives have to come ahead of your own.

It's okay to miss that carefree feeling-and I hope you realize that doesn't make you a bad person-and it *certainly* doesn't make you a bad mother.

Never beat yourself up for feeling how you feel.