I went to court Monday and filed a DVP against my ex-husband at the advice of the coordinator after explaining everything. My ex posted provacative pictures of me on his myspace(one of me from the back from about the bra strap down to right above my knees when I had just underwear on and another one of me fully clothed but posed with my legs slightly open in a dress and black hose) he had sent a friend request to me and to NG so we would look at his profile and see the pictures. Then the therapist had to cancel the girls appt because she had an emergency and had to go out of town so I was unsure of what to do. I originally went to the courthouse to request paperwork to ask for an emergency order to stop visitation, but then after talking they recommended I file the DVP. Basically in the request, I said that he had posted those pictures, left threatening msgs on voicemail and I felt he was still obsessed with me even though we havne't even seen each in over three years and then I talked about all the stuff the girls told me and how I was afraid of what he would do to them when he found out they had told me. We go to court next week. I also called the detective and he is going ahead with the case that we got the paperwork ready for when he was leaving all those crazy voicemails. I bet he really regrets posting those pictures now, it almost makes it worth it.
Things with NG and I are going well, but I am still "stalking" the merril lynch dude via myspace. He is now dating a 23 year old (he's 39 or 40). I just can't seem to stop checking in on him to see what he's up to even though I know we are not compatible and it is a complete waste of time. I think it's sorta the one that got away obsessing. I keep wondering what would have happened if I had waited until after exbf and I were done and there was no drama, but even then I know we are not possible because he's into drugs and partying too much. I keep telling myself, you have this great guy who treats you like a queen, wtf are you doing????? I mean I'm not really doing anything, but I wouldn't like it if he was doing it. And I really am crazy about him and so are the girls. My youngest asked him this weekend, she came up to him and grabbed both of his hands and looked up at him and said, "Will you marry my mommy?". Oldest likes him, but she is also having some issues with him that I guess are normal for some kids. I just can't understand why youngest is so open to him and oldest is fighting her feelings to accept him.
Been feeling better and more competent at my job lately, which is a good thing. I hated feeling like I wasn't doing a good job, even though my boss would tell me I was.
Finances are sucking up the field. Hopefully, by next paycheck I should be back on an even keel. NG is helping me out, which is a first for me. Usually it's the other way around!
4 comments:
Glad you filed Cassee, a smart move for sure.
Stop checking up on what you can't have, and enjoy what you do have. NG sounds like a good duy there, don't fuck it up with complications I say...
Just my two cents worth.
I find it's always when I'm stressed that I start obsessing about the ones that got away.
Sounds like things have been so stressful you haven't had much time to yourself to relax.
Maybe you could have a night in with the girls, pampering yourselves. I always love this - it's cheap, relaxing and fun. Plus it might distract you from Merrill Lynch guy (who might be unemployed and less of a catch soon anyway) and the other things you've had on your mind.
Best wishes,
-M
Oh darling. I used to myspace stalk my ex too. Nothing good will come from it, even when I was perfectly happy in my new relationship. As time passes hopefully you will feel the urge to do it less. Focus on the one you're with who is treating you well!
I'm proud of you for filing charges agaist xh. Something needed to be done there. I hope this quells him.
Oh wow! That sucks. I hope they throw the book at him when you get to court. Too bad you couldn't drag him in front of Judge Judy!
Post a Comment