Locked myself out of the house this morning before work. My littlest and I were going outside to "play volleyball" (i.e. volley one of those cheap bouncy balls back and forth) at 8 in the morning. My oldest had spent the night at her friends house and littlest was feeling left out so I had told her we would go to breakfast somewhere in the morning before I took her to school but then she decided she would rather do that. Instead, we spent the whole morning getting back in. LOL She handled it like a champ. I thought for sure she would whine, but she really surprised me. Both of my girls seem like they are on the upswing this week - thank goodness!
Ended up being late to work - AGAIN. I'm so sick of being late. No one says anything but I feel so bad about it.
My dad came to littlest soccer practice and then we were supposed to go out to eat, but littlest was tired so he just went and picked up something and brought it back. He stayed for a long while and it was a good visit. Probably since his wife didn't come. I know that sounds snarky, but it is the truth. I was proud to show off my new place too and I know my dad was impressed. I mean this is the first place I've lived in that even comes close to how they live. Yay me. Not to say that my dad tries to make me feel bad, he is always telling me how proud he is of me and how much I've overcome, but I always feel like I'm trying to prove something to him and her for some reason. I think because I think she thought and maybe him too (is that enough thinks!) that I would never amount to anything. Ha - showed them. That's probably not a good way to feel either, but it's the truth.
Just out of curiousity - who are you guys voting for in the pres race?
3 comments:
Oh, that's tough - feeling like you need to prove youself to others. Just ask yourself if you're happy where you are, and make that enough.
I'm ALWAYS late to work. Always. I'd be screwed if I didn't work for my Dad.
I voted for Hillary in our primary. Yep.
I'm always late to work. LOL (I shuold mention that means I'm just late walking from our "schoolroom" to my office after we finish with school) And I can't fire myself so I guess I'm safe.
Being locked out can be quite the adventure if you treat it right...hubby had to lift the 8 year old through the kitchen window one time and that was the highlight of the year for her. She still asks if someone will lift her through so she can unlock the door, even if we have keys.
Sometimes we feel we need to impress, get approval from, and otherwise live up to our parents standards...I wonder if we aren't really just imagining that anyone else even notices what we are doing. I have spent most of my life trying to live up to what I thought were the expectations of others. I finally had enough, and just started living up to my own expectations. No one ever came up and said, "I'm so disappointed in you now" or tried to make me feel bad. I really do wonder how well we perceive others opinions sometimes.
And as for voting...I'm all for less government, more personal responsibility and more liberty!! I vote Libertarian!! :)
I'm having a tough time with this one. I don't like McCain, I NEVER liked HIllary so I wanted to vote for Obama. But he refuses to tell us what he thinks about America infecting the black community withthe AIDS virus. He's actually making me consider HIllary and I will never forgive him for that!
Post a Comment